10 things you’ll only understand if you went to a Russell Group university
1. You enjoy Instgramming pictures of the pretty buildings
And even if the majority of campus is a concrete monstrosity, you’ll pose for graduation in front of that one impressive building.
2. You feel awkward reasserting you go to the “uni of”
3. You actually forget that there are other universities in your city
Someone told me they went to Leeds Trinity and I thought it was a sixth form college. I won’t be making that mistake again.
4. Varsity is a big day
And the sports students prepare more for it than they do for third year exams.
5. A first doesn’t come so easily
Trying not to scream when your friend at Birmingham City says they breezed a first.
6. Everyone knows a bitter Oxbridge reject
But then they don’t stop talking about how their rejection was a blessing in disguise.
7. You feel like £27,000+ in fees has gone somewhere, even if its just the degree tittle
8. You meet a lot of toffs
If you don’t ski and haven’t been to South East Asia, then who are you?
9. You realise everyone else has years of work experience
I thought I was ahead in life after interning with my aunt for a week in year 10, I was wrong.