In need of a UK rent guarantor? We've got you covered.

In partnership with our friends at

Are you a student looking for a place to rent but you need to provide a UK guarantor? We can be your guarantor.

We will guarantee the rent for your tenancy. Pricing starts from £42 paid in 8 monthly instalments.

Apply nowIt only takes 1-3 minutes.

Why do I need a guarantor?

When renting a student property in the UK, it’s common for accommodation providers to ask for a rent guarantor. This is someone who they can call upon if there are any problems with rent payments. If you cannot find a UK rent guarantor, you’ll usually be asked to pay some or all of your rent upfront.

How can we help?

We have partnered with Housing Hand to alleviate this issue for students. They will stand as the guarantor for the students, who are unable to provide one.

They are able to stand as a guarantor for a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 12 months. You will need to renew for the service once your guarantee has expired after the 12 months. But don’t worry, their team will contact you close to the end of your tenancy to help you through the process!

Apply nowIt only takes 1-3 minutes.
Housing Hand

How much does it cost?

Pay in instalments or upfront

The fee starts from £42 in 8 monthly instalments or a minimum of £295 upfront, the Housing Hand fee is dependent on your rental amount, for a free quote on the service use our price guide quoting tool.

What do I need?

It's simple and what you need

  • Proof of Address – A letter, Utility Bill or Bank Statement addressed to you with the residence you are leaving. This needs to be dated within 2 months.

  • Proof of Study – A correspondence from University, UCAS form or a Student ID.

  • Proof of ID – This can be a passport, drivers license or a national ID document.

  • Co-Signer Details – This is someone we can get in touch with if we can’t contact you. They can’t be an existing Housing Hand Customer.

How to apply

It’s nice and easy and Housing Hand will help

Our service is quick, easy and simple to use. You can apply here.

You’ll need to complete the Housing Hand application and your accommodation provider must accept us, then we will be able to confirm your acceptance onto our service.

What is a Co-signer?

You'll need to find a co-signer to sign up with you

Don’t worry, this is quite simple! When you use Housing Hand, as your rent guarantor we will need a co-signer to sign up with you. This can be a parent, family member or friend, they do not have to be based in the UK. They will need to be working and over the age of 18 and this typically will be suitable. We won’t need to credit check them or you.

What people say about Housing Hand

Housing Hand is one of the best rent guarantor service in the UK. But don’t just take our word for it, this is what some of their customers have to say.


Common Questions

Who is eligible?

Whether you are from the UK or from abroad, whether you are studying or working full time in the UK (including self-employed). You can apply for the Housing Hand Guarantor Service (with certified proof of income).

How long does the process take?

Housing Hand can process your application within one day as all parts of the process are completed online. Housing Hand has the policy to provide an immediate response to each enquiry.

Can Housing Hand stand as rent guarantor for a group?

A guarantor is required per person. If more than one tenant requires a guarantor, each tenant must apply to Housing Hand separately.

How do you pay for the service?

We use the Stripe as our payments processor so that you can pay with a credit or debit card online through our website. Alternatively, payment can be made by telephone.

Why can my co-signer not be my Guarantor?

Your co-signer might not complete the guarantor criteria. They may not be based in the UK, be a homeowner or may not have sufficient income. Furthermore, they may not have sufficient credit history to be eligible to your landlord or letting agent.

Do I need to be in the UK to complete the application?

If you are an international student this might be a worry for you. However, it shouldn’t be. The whole process can be completed online. It can be done from anywhere in the world whether you are international or not.

Find out more