Shops to visit to make your university room look cute
If you’ve recently moved into university accommodation, whether its halls or a house, you’ll know how bare and unhomely your bedroom can sometimes feel. With poorly painted, undecorated walls and corners gathering dust and cobwebs, it is definitely time to brighten up your room. If you’re stuck with how to do this, read on! As this blog is here to inspire you with the best shops to visit to make your university room look a lot cuter.
1. Oliver Bonas – Wanting something bold and quirky for your bedroom? Oliver Bonas is your place to go. With vibrant wall art, to pelican and dinosaur ring holders, this shop has something for everyone. I particularly like the fish Gluggle jugs, which can be utilised as a vase for flowers or simply just an ornament on a shelf. Explore the bedroom section for velvet jewellery boxes or even an interesting book to use for display.
2. Primark – As a student, you will most likely be on a budget, and decorating your bedroom may not be at the top of your priority list of things to spend your money on (it is most likely below rent, bills, and alcohol!) So, this is when Primark comes in handy, having a large home section spanning from candles, fake plants, and even mini disco balls at an affordable price!
3. Tiger – Following on from a budget shop, Tiger has a variety of niche, unique items to add to your bedroom. Not only do they get festive for every season, (at the moment they have Halloween themed decorations), but their funky, random style of items is a great way to liven up your bedroom. Hop onto the trend of tufted mirrors, grab some trinkets as storage containers for only a pound, or even buy a minigame to play when your flatmates invade your bedroom.
4. Driftroom – Driftroom is a lifestyle and home accessories shop, which often falls under the radar as it isn’t hugely popular. This is your place to go if you really want that distinctive decoration to make your bedroom buzz with interest. I recommend their neon signs which you can put up on your wall, such as a glowing pink ‘Good Vibes Only’ sign, or perhaps on the smaller (and cheaper) side, a neon message in a bulb to place on your desk or bedside table. They also have a range of terrariums which make a great change from plants, to add that unique touch.
5. H&M home – This has a more minimalist and casual tone, with beige and rattan styles. At H&M home, you can find pillows, bed covers, bedspreads, and ornaments and candles to dot around your room to make it feel cosier for the winter months.
Whether you opt for just a few small trinket dishes and ornaments, a string of fairy lights and jungle leaves around your ceiling, or perhaps a massive array of wall art to cover the blankness of the walls, just adding something from any of these shops will certainly liven up your university bedroom.